"Merry Meet and Blessed Be!"

Live Life and Love Every Minute!

Saturday, June 9, 2012

South Quarter




"Guardians of the South, Powers of Fire, you who are passion and the hearth. Great One who lives within the coals of the home fires as well as wild fires, I call upon and invite your presence to witness this rite."


South can be represented by a red candle.


Fire is an awesome element and one that should be fully respected and understood in order to master. You have to know that fire can be both a blessing and a curse. How many summers have you seen the news reporting on wild fires burning out of control? How many winters have you sat around a bon fire or fireplace to keep warm? Nothing says summer like smores made from a campfire! Fire is a major part of civilized life. Our first cooked meals were cooked by fires, our homes were first warmed by fires. Fire lights our darkness. But if fire is not used cautiously it can hurt us, it can destroy our homes, they can burn out of control and destroy those around us.


When I call the fire elemental I visualize a flame in my mind and draw it into my hand where it does not burn me but I try to feel it's warmth in my arms and feel it energizing my body as it fills my mind. Then I focus it into my athame and command it to reside within the southern quarter of my circle. To be able to focus on the fire elemental I suggest meditating on a candle flame, contemplating on all the aspects of fire, it's light, the feel of it's heat, it's movement.


Blessed be,

Lady Alice