"Merry Meet and Blessed Be!"

Live Life and Love Every Minute!

Tuesday, June 19, 2012

The reason to understand

To answer a friends question, "Why are you just posting boring stuff about knives and directions and not any of the good stuff?", a witch's tools are the good stuff! Having an understanding of their function and symbolism is very important. It is as important as a Christian understanding why the cross is worshiped! The quarters are and must be called and respected for each and every ritual. They must be understood and respected. A witch not following the ritual correctly isn't a serious devotion to the craft but a "fluffy" who just likes attention. You must know your tools and why you use them, it's like having a shed full of tools and not knowing what they are used for. This is the "good stuff"! The tools and their uses is very interesting to me, why we use them, properly using them. The quarters are a balance to everything, they are the basic elements of life and one must know and respect them in order to work with them. The fact that you continue to think they are boring and not worth your time shows me that you are not ready to be my student and that you would give my name a bad connotation to anyone who knew I was your teacher. This comment is why I refuse to allow you into my circle and be a part of my ritual. When you can understand and properly respect that witchcraft is more than hocus pocus, then I will be willing to teach you, but for now you are just a child acting out against your parents and I won't have you disrespect my religion to do so. Now, I love you but I will have your respect if you want mine. I am not trying to hurt your feelings but to let others who are thinking the same thing know that Wicca, Witchcraft, and other types of paganism are religions and should be respected as such and if one chooses to be a follower they should also be willing to devote themselves to learning and understanding them.

Blessed be,
Lady Alice