"Merry Meet and Blessed Be!"

Live Life and Love Every Minute!

Sunday, June 3, 2012

Full moon ritual to the Goddess

With Venus soon moving across the sun and tonight's moon reaching full, I think a little dedication to the Goddess is in order! Here is a simple full moon ritual from my personal book of shadows, it can be done both in a group and as a solitary! It can be done anytime there is a full moon as it is not Sabbat specific ritual but a calling for the moon or Goddess's energies. Enjoy!




Begin by gathering all items needed to perform the ritual.







Your athame, chalice and wine, blessed water, salt, Goddess and God candles, incense to help you focus (what works best for you, I prefer Myrrh or amber), altar tile, an offering of food (the Goddess loves when you feed her children), parchment and ink, 3 small candles (white, red, black), Quartz rock, an oak tree, candles for the quarters! (Of course you need fire! I have an infinity candle I use, I'll explain that at the end)










To begin set up your circle (anywhere you won't be disturbed but outside under the full moon works best) set up your altar in the center and arrange your candles around the circle at their coordinating points (north-earth-brown/green, south-fire-red, east-air-yellow, west-water-blue).



















Call to the quarters and light each candle as you go traveling in a clockwise direction starting in the east. Consecrate the water and salt then combine them and sprinkle around the circle also clockwise starting in the east. Finally carry your incense around the circle again in a clockwise direction.



















Now go to your altar facing east and light the Goddess candle (silver or white) and call to her to join you, do the same with the God candle (gold or black) but leave it unlit.







Place the 3 small candles in the center on your pentacle (altar tile) and light them saying:







Three Candles I do Light

In Honor of Thee, O Goddess this sacred Night

White for the Maiden pure as Snow

Red for the Mother full within, and

Black for the Crone, old and wise



















Now call to the Goddess invoking her saying:







I call upon She who unveils all mysteries!

Oh Mother of all Creation, Goddess Hecate, the Three and the One.

Goddess of fertility and fullness.

Oh wise one, filled with Luna's secrets

whose torches of the Moon light the darkened sky.

Full-orbed Hecate, Mistress of enchantments, Queen of Heaven, Earth and the Underworld,

Protectress of all Witches,

Come Now into me your Priestess

Fill Me with Your Presence

Oh Gracious Queen of all Witches as I attend this Rite.







In this most sacred Night of the Full Moon

And mystical hour of the night

Does the Goddess Hecate reign supreme

And in Her name do I now give Her praise.

HAIL TO THEE HECATE; HAIL TO THEE HECATE

HAIL TO THEE HECATE, TRIPLE GODDESS OF THE MOON



















Now that you have invoked the Goddess it is time to bless the offering and ask her for her blessings!







Write what it is you wish to happen on the parchment (beware what you wish for, you just might get it)







Ask the goddess to accept your offering in exchange for her blessings.







Then bless the offering by saying:







I bless thee o' Creature of (offering)

Knowing that when I drink (eat) of thee

I partake in the powers of the mysteries of You

Great Goddess Hecate







Take a portion of the offering and then set the rest aside for later.



















Now to thank the Goddess for her blessings and wisdom:







In honor of thee O Great Goddess Hecate

Do I pour this Libation and drinketh this Toast

All Life is your Own

All fruits of the Earth your power, your wisdom, your liberation

I thank You for Your blessings and strength

Join with me; Feast with me; Enjoy with me.

(You can pour a few drops of wine onto the ground in front of the altar as an offering to Hecate, if you are outside. If you are in your temple, then pour some wine into your Libation bowl along with an offering of cakes) Then raise the chalice to your lips and drink.)







O Hecate, My Queen, My Goddess

You who awaits for me at the end of Life.

I thank you for thy blessings and of your spirit from your

Cauldron of the sacred fire on this night of the Full Moon

I bid thee farewell

(Put out Goddess candle)







Wise Crone, who face is hidden from the starlit night

Thank you for joining my sacred this night.

I bid thee farewell

(Put out Crone/black Candle)







Mother, nurturer and giver of life

Who dances across the nightly sky in your silvery light

Thank you for joining my sacred circle this night

I bid thee farewell

(Put out the Mother/red candle)







Maiden, bringer of new ideas and inspiration

Who dances across the sky in carefree glee and anticipation

Thank you for joining my sacred circle this night

I bid thee Farewell

(Put out the Maiden/white candle)












Now to dismiss the quarters thanking them for their attendance and extinguishing each candle as you go clockwise starting in the east.










If you are outside you can leave your offering outside where it is, if you are inside carry it outside and leave it. Carry your parchment outside under the oak tree while the moon is high and bury it on the north side of the tree. Place the quartz rock over it and leave it there. If you can place your offering under that tree as well.
















Blessed be!
Lady Alice












PS.
About the infinity candle I mentioned! It is an eternal flame that I keep burning! I try not to let the flame go out as I created it under blessing from the Goddess and God, so I light the next one from the last one before it burns out! I too have pets and children so I understand a fear of this but I have found that a well placed 7day jar candle does well, as when it falls over the melted wax puts the flame out! Just be sure to set it where it is safe from curtains, flammable materials/surfaces, out of reach of kids/pets (for the most part)!