"Merry Meet and Blessed Be!"

Live Life and Love Every Minute!

Friday, August 31, 2012

Self dedication or Traditional

I've had a few people email me asking if I am traditional or if I am solitary. I've also been asked which is better.



Neither is better than the other. I am in a sense solitary eclectic. Meaning I hold many beliefs that can be attributed to various traditions. I've looked into several different paths in my search for my own and no one path called out to me specifically. For myself I like working in a group but I also like the freedom to grow in the direction I want to head in and sometimes that goes against any one tradition.

The choice to follow a traditional path is up to the witch. I suggest you look into information on the various ones around and speak to their representatives. I would suggest trying the witchvox and contact other individuals in the path you are seeking information on. Just be careful of people misrepresenting themselves. My coven is eclectic. We provide a place for other solitary witches to gather and share knowledge. Most traditional paths are initiation based and include focus on their lineage. This coven focuses on the history of Witchcraft, Wicca, and Paganism in general. We provide a base for rituals with each individual bringing their collective knowledge to them. We provide a basis for those wishing to remain solitary to build on and provide an opportunity for group learning and gathering for Major Sabbats.

A few traditional Wiccan paths are Gardnerian, Alexandrian, British Traditional Wicca (don't be fooled by others reversing the wording of this tradition it is not the same), Dianic Wicca, and a few others, but these are the largest. Most traditionalists are oath bound and use a tiered initiation process. I suggest you sit down draw out a plan for what you want, what you believe, and where you want to go, and then do your research and contact a few groups for information to determine what is right for you.

Blessed Be,
Lady Alice