Safety tips for Samhain
1) Be careful with all decorations. Place candles where they are stable and away from pets and their fur! Fake cob webs should be placed carefully because they can pose a danger to wild birds not to mention a strangulation and entanglement hazard to cats and dogs. Be sure to get rid of old pumpkins ASAP because rotten pumpkins can be dangerous to wild life.
2) If you must dress your pet up be sure that their vision and breathing are unhindered and that they are OK wearing it.
3) Place cats and dogs safely inside your home because repeated door opening for trick-or-treaters allows for several chances to escape.
4) Your pets may be safe around people and children but terrified of hobgoblins and ghosts! Leave them at home inside safe. Costumes may frighten your pet and they may become excited and nervous around them.
5) Provide your pets with healthy pet friendly treats. Chocolate is toxic to animals and other goodies can pose a danger as well.
Keep your pets safe during the holiday and protect them. Please share this with your friends as well!